Here are the product reviews from my December Birchbox. There were a couple I haven’t tried out yet, but I’m not sure when or if I will so I figure I’ll get up the reviews now before it gets to be January.
- Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss: Jouer specially made this gloss for Birchbox, and its called “Birchbox Pink”. I really like how this gloss looks and feels on, but I feel like they couldn’t have made the sample size any smaller if they tried. I feel like all the Jouer samples I’ve received have been super small actually. Their stuff is kind of overpriced (at least in my opinion) so I’m not super surprised. I’m basically finished this sample and I’ve only used it a few times. Although the color is hot pink in the tube, it goes on like a very sheer pink, which I actually prefer since I don’t like bright lip color.
- Showstoppers Designer Fashion Tape: This is, from what I gather, a strong double-sized tape that is supposed to help keep bra straps in place or to fix an undone hem (and anything else you can use them for). I probably won’t open these until I need them. I think they would come in handy for pant hems, since mine seem to come undone a lot. I can’t really review since I haven’t found a need to use them yet.
- Benefit The POREfessional: I was super super excited for this product! It was something I was thinking about getting anyway, and then it happened to appear as a Birchbox sample so its nice that I can try it first. It is supposed to minimize the appearance of pores and also act as a primer. To be honest, I don’t think I’m going to purchase this product anymore (its a good thing I got to try it out first!). It is a decent primer, but I feel like the texture dries out my skin. It really does get rid of large pores, though, but the finish is just too matte for me and my flakes seem to come through when using this product.
- Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse® OR Multi-Usage Dry Oil Shimmer: I wasn’t super excited about this product, because I thought it was another face or hair oil thing, but the shimmer in it is really beautiful and I can see using it on a night out or for a special occasion. Haven’t tried it out yet (not sure when I will), so I can’t really review it.
- Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue Cologne Absolue: Since this says “cologne”, I’m guessing its supposed to be a male fragrance, but to be honest I could see it going either way. I really love the smell of this (floral but not too overpowering). Top notes are Italian bergamot and Italian green mandarin; middle notes are fresh jasmine and exotic cinnamon Ceylon; and base notes are African myrrh and Indian sandalwood. I really wish this had come in a spray tube so I could actually use it, which is my gripe with a lot of the fragrance samples I get.
- EBOOST Orange Natural Energy Booster: I like when they include little food extras like this. This is an energy boosting drink in an orange flavor. To be honest, I wasn’t a huge fan. While it did give me energy, I didn’t like the carbonation (I drank it in the morning, so carbonation in the AM isn’t something I want). It tasted okay, but the orange color was super bright and unnatural looking. It also had a white foam at the top after mixing so it looked like I was having a beer at work LOL. Glad to try it out though, but would not purchase.
I think January may be my last Birchbox, depending on how the MyGlam and BeautyArmy subscriptions turn out. I just feel like Birchbox samples are getting extremely small lately, and don’t contain enough makeup products. On the other hand, I love the point earning system so its a difficult decision. What do you guys think? Will you be subscribing to MyGlam or BeautyArmy?