First Birchbox of 2013! Here’s what I got:
- theBalm® cosmetics Hot Mama Shadow & Blush All-in-One This is a very pretty coral color with some slight shimmer to it. Its a bit difficult to use as blush given the size of the sample, but it looks nice and subtle as an eyeshadow. Love the amount in this sample as well!
- Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo I was so excited when I logged onto the BB website and saw I was getting this! I was planning to pick up a clarifying shampoo on my next shopping trip because I really need one, but I’m using this sample instead. The smell is very nice and sweet (like chocolate) and although I’ve only used it once (last night), my hair does seem like it is less weighed down. Its very fine, so making sure I get all that product buildup out is important! I feel like my hair has a bit more volume today than it usually does.
- Lashem Measurable Difference Lash Gel Serum This is an extremely small sample, which is okay (at least its in a tube), but I wish BB had included instructions on how to use it for those of us who don’t normally use these kind of things. I just kind of put it on my lashes like I would mascara but I’m not sure if that’s the correct method? haha.
- Harvey Prince – Skinny Chic This scent smells almost exactly like a perfume I already have (Victoria’s Secret PINK in “Pretty & Pure”). Its has a pretty light apple scent to it, which I normally wouldn’t like but its not super overwhelming. And best of all, the sample is a spray top!
- EXTRA: Fresh Lotus Face Cream There were two of these little packets of cream included in my BB. I don’t know if I was supposed to get two, or if I just got lucky? I normally don’t use the skincare products they include, but I figured why not. I really like the texture of this cream (blends very nicely and isn’t too thick or too thin), but it has a very strong flower fragrance so I can’t imagine it being good for your skin on a daily basis.
Not the best Birchbox (to be honest, I haven’t been blown away by any of them lately) but it definitely was not terrible compared to some other ones I’ve gotten.
How did you guys like your Birchboxes this month? What did you get?