I’ll be honest…not my favorite Birchbox (especially since I’ve been loving them recently).
Here’s what I got:
- Cargo Water Resistant Blush in ‘Bali’ This was probably the one redeeming product in this box. I really love this blush! The color is a super pretty “doll” pink and applies really nicely. The pigmentation is very strong, so only a little bit is needed. I’m not really sure about the waterproof claim because I haven’t really payed attention to it, but it does seem like it would last for awhile because of the texture.
- COOLA Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face I don’t really like receiving moisturizers, so I haven’t tried this yet. Fortunately, its SPF 30 which is what I use on a daily basis, so I could see this coming in handy for travel.
- Marvis Toothpaste Toothpaste?? Okay. I mean…I’ll definitely try this and it will be great for travel as well, but I’d really have preferred something different.
- Miss Jessie’s® Original Jelly Soft Curls Okay, I LOVE Miss Jessie’s and use Quick Curls regularly (which I discovered through Birchbox), but this is the 3rd Miss Jessie’s product I’ve received from them in a fairly short time period so I’m not too thrilled. I’ll definitely try this, but I’d be more excited about it if it were at least in a tube and not in the foil packets which are difficult to use. I could also get these exact packets for free off Miss Jessie’s website, so I don’t feel like they are a “deluxe” sample.
- Pilot Corporation of America Acroball PureWhite® (in purple) This pen was actually my second favorite product in the box, oddly enough! The color I got is purple…and I was totally surprised to find out it actually wrote in purple (as opposed to just a purple pen that wrote in black/blue). It writes really nicely as well, unlike a lot of pens that are funky colors. I’d love to try the pink one!
How were your Birchboxes? Did you make out better than I did?
Instead of the blush and the Miss Jessie’s (which I would have liked!) I got a deep conditioning hair mask from amica (which I’m super excited to use because of all of my recent hair damage adventures), a perfume sample (which I’ll have to wait to smell until this congestion goes away — but I love love love perfume samples because I’m too cheap to buy the full size) and a mini pencil eyeliner which I’m loving since it doesn’t tug at (and therefore tickle) my waterline. This is actually one of my favorite birchboxes to date!
I would love to try that Marvis toothpaste haha. No idea why! I love the Cargo HydraBronze but I haven’t yet tried their blushes. They sound lovely. ♥
I cancelled my birchox a while back, and haven’t missed it. It’s always hit or miss. Great review, though. Products this month seem to have been womp womp across the board.
Hey! Found you on BBunite blog hop page. Looking forward to reading more of your posts!!
Robyn viav x vintageisavirtue blog