I can’t believe how late in the month I’m posting about my Birchbox, but I didn’t even get my box until a couple days ago! I opted for the goop box this month. I’m not sure if it was the best decision, but there were a least a couple things I liked in this box so I guess it wasn’t all bad.
Here’s what I got:
- essie® fall picks Nail Polish in “Power Clutch” I was excited to receive a full size Essie polish, but really disappointed that it was so similar in color to the polish in my last box. I wish I had gotten the darker red color or really anything else! Oh well. The color is a dark gray with a green undertone to it. Its definitely a nice Fall color, but not one that I’ll wear a whole lot.
- Kiehl’s Aromatic Blends: Orange Flower & Lychee – Liquid Body Cleanser I was glad to see this body wash in my box because I’ve never tried anything from Kiehl’s and its a good size sample. The smell is very light and refreshing, and it didn’t dry out my skin. No complaints here!
- Naked Princess Naked Shine Luscious Lip Gloss in “Barely Coral” I love this lip gloss! The smell is lovely (very sweet, reminds me of cake) and the color is perfect. The gloss goes on smoothly and doesn’t feel at all sticky but very moisturizing. What I don’t like about this sample is how tiny it is. Why couldn’t this sample size be a little bit bigger? This is almost as bad as those Jouer sample glosses!
- Joanna Vargas Daily Serum I haven’t tried this serum yet and probably won’t as I don’t like messing with my skincare too much (its up for trade if anyone wants it). Also, the full size of this is $85 so even if I liked the sample there’s no way I’d purchase the full size. This sample size is also extremely small. Remember when Birchbox used to have huge samples? Me too. 🙁
- EXTRA: LUNA Fiber Chocolate Raspberry I was actually really excited about this because I love LUNA bars! However, it would seem that I don’t so much love LUNA Fiber bars. Its pretty much a fruit bar, which I’ve never really been a fan of (I prefer granola). Its not really bad, and was definitely a nice treat, just not something I’d really purchase.
So this month was a bit “meh”, and I know a lot of people are actually really pissed off about their boxes this month. What saved this one for me was the Kiehl’s bodywash and the fact that it had a full size Essie (even if I would have preferred another color). I even loved the lip gloss, just the sample size was too small.
What did you get in your October’s Birchboxes? Did you opt for the goop box or did you get the regular one? I’m interested to see what was in the non-goop boxes!
*referral link included