Now that I’ve tried out almost all the products in my April Birchbox, here is what I thought of them:
- Benta Berry G-1 Exfoliating Facial Cleanser Eh not really feeling this exfoliating cleanser. It smelled really nice, but the sample size was so small, and I don’t think my skin reacted to it very well (it was more flaky/dry the following day). Not sure if that was connected or not though. There was also a burning sensation on the more sensitive skin around my nose when I applied it, which is definitely never good, so this probably isn’t the best product for sensitive skin.
- Kahina Giving Beauty Argan Oil I’ll be honest, I’m not a huge hair oil person. I think I usually end up putting too much, and my hair is fairly thin, so it just becomes greasy and stringy. I think oils are just too much for my hair, and it does fine without! I’m sure this is a good argan oil product for those who need it, but it just wasn’t for me.
- Kahina Giving Beauty Facial Lotion I’m not planning to use this product, so there will be no review (I don’t really like experimenting too much with moisturizers).
- Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Mineral Tinted Moisturizer This was one of the products I was really excited about trying. I do really love the coverage it gives, but holy PJ Sparkles is it glittery! I don’t mind a very subtle sparkle, but I could actually see the glitters in this. It also wasn’t as moisturizing as I would have liked it to be. I used a serum underneath, but I could still feel the dryness around my nose after applying this. I wouldn’t mind using moisturizer under it, but I feel like that defeats the purpose of it being a 4-in-1! Overall, I sort of like this tinted moisturizer but not enough to purchase it.
- Wonderstuck Perfume by Taylor Swift Again, I don’t like these perfume samples…especially without the spray pump because I’ll never use them! Please, Birchbox, stop with the teeny perfume samples! Or at least include them as an “extra” and not an actual product. That being said, the scent of this is pleasant…very sweet, though, so not really my thing.
- Yes to Blueberries Brightening Facial Towelettes I love these towelettes! I’ve been wanting to try them, and now that I have I will be picking up a full size pack. They smell amazing and are incredibly soft. I came home pretty late last weekend from a concert and was too tired to remove my makeup so I used one of these. It did remove my makeup (although eye makeup takes some work, wish it was better at that) and left my face feeling soft so I didn’t need moisturizer. Definitely the nicest makeup remover towelettes I’ve tried.
Overall, this box was a bit meh but I’m glad I was able to try out the tinted moisturizer and also the Yes to Blueberries towelettes, which I will be purchasing (this may be the first time I ever purchased something based on a sample). I so wish I could have gotten one larger deluxe-sized sample (in a tube) rather than the two little Kahina products.
How are you guys liking your April Birchbox samples? Did you receive any products different from mine?
Want to sign up for Birchbox? Please click here to use my affiliate link to reserve a box!