I keep forgetting to take a photo of my August Birchbox, so I figured I’d just put in the Birchbox website’s photo for now so I could at least get this post up! Wasn’t thrilled at all with this month’s Birchbox, but here’s what I got:
- Juice Beauty Oil-free Moisturizer I usually avoid Juice Beauty products…they just contain a lot of fragrance, imo. This moisturizer is really, really thin compared to the ones I’m used to. Not really a fan of the texture at all. It does moisturize decently though, but probably not a good choice for colder weather months.
- stila stay all day® liquid lipstick I would have liked to try this had it been a color I’d actually wear. I’m never going to wear bright red lipstick. I’ve also never been a fan of stains because I feel like they dry out my lips. bleh! Its a good size sample, though, so I’d be happy to send it to anyone if they’re interested.
- Whish Deodorant Swipes with Hair Inhibitor Another dud. I mean, its a good idea I guess but I feel like I keep getting these packets with wipes in them that I don’t really use. I could see this coming in handy if I forget to bring deodorant with me and have this in my makeup bag already, so I’ll just add it to the pile of wipes lol.
- Whish Exfoliating Body Wash Oh good, something I’ll actually use! I love the coconut scent of this body wash. No complaints here!
- (MALIN+GOETZ) gentle neroli shampoo Pleaseee Birchbox stop with these packets! They are not deluxe samples! Remember when they only sent out foil packets as the “Extra” in the box? I think my last 6 boxes have had packets in them. I almost prefer the perfume samples (almost. lol). At any rate, this is an okay shampoo. Nothing special at all. I did like the scent.
So yea…I haven’t been thrilled with Birchbox lately. However, I did place an order with them for some cool home-related items (a really neat cutting board and an oil diffuser) so I’m excited about those. Also got $30 off from Birchbox points. If it weren’t for their points program, I totally wouldn’t be a subscriber anymore.