I know I never posted my June Birchbox last month (to be honest, I was not at all impressed with it…probably the worst BB in awhile), but I’m much happier with July’s. Here’s what I got:
- Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect This is actually a duplicate sample (I originally got this about a year ago in my June 2012 Box). Birchbox gave me 10 BB points, though, to apologize…but luckily, I really love this product so I don’t even mind! It smells amazing and it conditions my hair really nicely.
- LA FRESH® Instant Body Soother I haven’t used these yet, I think they’re like body wipes? They seem like a good product to keep in my purse if I ever need to touch up. Its been so hot here lately that they may come in handy pretty soon.
- Birchbox Bobby Pins These bobbypins are really adorable, though they’re kind of tough to get in and out of your hair. I’m not sure if its because my hair is very fine or what, but they tend to snag if I’m not careful. Super cute though!
- Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream Really love this cream! It contains ceramides, which is included in a moisturizer I normally use by CeraVe. I haven’t used that moisturizer in awhile now, and I might go back to it. After using this moisturizer a couple times, my skin seems a lot healthier and bright. I don’t think its worth $48, but it is a nice cream.
- ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick The color I received was “Get Naked” which is a classic nude. I don’t usually gravitate towards lighter colors, but I really do love this color. I was surprised at how moisturizing this lip stick is…its almost like a balm. The only thing, though, is that it really settles into cracks and crevices on your lips and makes them super noticeable. Exfoliating your lips is a must before wearing this lipstick! I think this is technically a “mini” size but it looks almost as big as a full size to me.
Have you guys been liking your Birchboxes lately? And what do you think of the new branding? I really miss the old branding. I like some aspects of the new branding like the cute design in the boxes and the different colors, but I think the website just looks so boring and corporate to me, and the diamond shape logo is even worse…they had a really unique thing going with their more box-like pink logo, but oh well!