Hello there! Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer! I don’t know about you, but I would love for this summer to end…hate the heat and bugs!
Just a quick post about my August Stitch Fix box. Overall, this box was a bit of a dud =/ I’ll try my best in the future to take pictures of these myself…for now I only have photos of a couple of the items, but I’ve linked to the others I could find.
- Simpson Halter Top: (click for photo) I wasn’t really feeling this top. The price was just exorbitant for what it was (a simple summery casual shirt). I’m also not really big on halter tops.
- Belrose Dress: I was excited to receive a dress, but a little disappointed after I tried it on. Its cut kind of oddly, with the waistline hem very high up. Other than that, it fit well…wish the waistline wasn’t so strange.
- Filbert Abstract Striped Henley Blouse: (click for photo) This would have been a cute print as a sleeveless blouse, but unfortunately it had sleeves and super weird ones at that. I couldn’t get them to lay correctly…they were so bunchy. You can even kind of see how bunchy the sleeves are in the photo.
- Esten Button-Up Sleeveless Blouse: (photo below) I LOVED this top and was this close to purchasing it. Then I googled the brand and found out that Norstrom Rack sells it for only $19 (and Stitch Fix was charging $58). I know that they use a lot of the same vendors and have no way of knowing what NR will purchase, but I still couldn’t justify the cost even factoring in the $20 discount from the stylist fee. Unfortunately, Nordstrom Rack didn’t have it at the store and was sold out online so I guess I missed my chance.
- Kara Hammered Coin Long Necklace: (photo below) The only thing I kept in this box! I had requested a simple silver necklace. Although I asked for a shorter necklace, I do really like this long one and it matches a lot of my outfits. Very pretty and versatile!
In other fashion-y related news, I made a trip to the outlets in Atlantic City yesterday (because clearly I don’t go to AC to go to the beach or gamble…I go shopping LOL). I picked up a pencil skirt from Banana Republic (which I may have to exchange as its a teensy bit small), a cardigan from LOFT, and this beauty…
I was in need of a new purse (my current one is cat scratches galore), and couldn’t pass it up, especially as it was pretty cheap by Coach standards. I was looking for a tote that would be able to hold my laptop, which it easily does. I can fit a huge amount of stuff in here, including my lunch for the day (no more lunchbag for me!), sweaters, and a pair of flats or something. The only downside is the lack of interior pockets, but I’ll make do. 🙂
I’ll leave you with a photo of my little (well, not so little) JJ in all his cuteness: