I love these Home boxes by Birchbox! I look forward to it whenever they’re released (I think its about once a season or so). This box, called “Snow Day”, was based on a winter theme. Its definitely the least favorite of the 3 I have gotten so far, mostly due to the sizes of what’s included moreso than the products themselves. I think they could have gone full size on at least one of the cosmetic products…oh well. I’ll review the items below!
- Chantecaille Flower Infused Cleansing Milk This is a travel sized sample. I haven’t used this yet…keep forgetting to bring it in the shower! I wish it were larger but looking forward to using it.
- Chantecaille Jasmine & Lily Healing Mask Same as the above. I think I will try it out tonight. I love masks!
- L’OCCITANE Shea Butter Hand Cream Another tiny travel sized hand cream. I really really like this cream, though! I’ve tried L’Occitane’s Shea Butter cream before and have always liked it. Probably going to use this little one up in like a week though.
- Mox Botanicals Matcha & Clementine Body Soak Another single use product (or at least it looks to be single use). I wish I could try this out but for some reason taking baths in my condo is a challenge. There isn’t a way to keep the water from draining…so annoying! Hopefully I get to try this out at some point.
- S.W. Basics Organic Lip Balm in Cinnamon or Peppermint I LOVE this lip balm. It tastes and smells exactly like a York Peppermint Patty. I know a lot of people don’t like the York Patties but I think they’re delish haha. Its also a full size balm so that’s good. I might check out more from this company as well.
- (MALIN + GOETZ) Votive in “Cannabis” Okay…so the scent for this is “cannabis” which scared me a bit because I’d rather my condo not smell like pot. However, this does NOT smell like pot at all. It has a nice, musky sort of scent…very patchouli heavy which I like. This tiny candle packs a BIG punch though. I was amazed at how strong the scent is. We only keep it burning for a short time because the strong scent gives my bf a headache haha. I really like it though.
- JONATHAN ADLER Fireplace Matches in Purple Flame These are adorable! And since we do have a wood burning fireplace, you’d think they’d be super useful but unfortunately we have yet to get our fireplace set up. We have to get it inspected and cleaned and all which is a lot of money. If that ever happens though, I’ll use these adorable matches to light it! For now, they’re looking pretty on the mantle.
- Happy Socks® Combed Cotton Crew Socks I love socks, and could always use more. I didn’t get the pattern in the picture (I got more a colorblock type pattern with orange, pink and gray). They’re nice enough. Not super soft, though. Just basic socks…nothing special. I think I love the name “happy socks” more than anything =p
- Askinosie Chocolate® Single Origin Cocoa Powder Holy deliciousness! I was not expecting much from this cocoa powder, but it is really really good. You add your own sugar to it, so it doesn’t end up tasting overly artificially sweet like the pre-mixed hot cocoa packets. The company is also fair trade so that’s great as well. I may end up picking up a full tin of this delicious cocoa. 🙂
- Three Tarts Gourmet Marshmallows in Cinnamon (2 ct) I had one of these marshmallows with the cocoa from above. The cinnamon flavor made the cocoa even more delicious, and the quality of these marshmallows is very good (really soft but not chewy or anything at all). My biggest complaint is that there were only 2 =( Why couldn’t they at least have added in a couple more?
- Scrabble® Birchbox Edition Mini Game Set This is an adorable little scrabble game! The closest I’ve come to playing scrabble is Words with Friends so I’m looking forward to playing this if I can convince the bf to play with me (I’ve found out he doesn’t like Scrabble).
All in all, really wish there were larger products in this box but still not a bad box. If you’d like to pick up one for yourself, here is the link to buy. It is currently $39, but if you could use points or something I would do that because I honestly don’t think its worth that much. Luckily I got $10 off because of points I had.