I finally got my February Glam Bag! I would have gotten it sooner but the USPS sent it to a different state by accident and it had to be re-routed or something. The theme for this month’s bag was “Valentine’s Day”, but I honestly don’t see any of the products as being related to Valentine’s. I’m actually fairly disappointed with this month’s bag as opposed to last month’s, which I loved. Here are the products I received, which I’ll have reviews up for later in the week:
- NYX Roll On Shimmer: This was the only makeup product in the bag (ridiculous.) I got it in “Taupe”, which is nice because its a neutral color…though I’m really not into glitter at all so I’m not sure how much use I’ll get out of it, but its full size which is a plus.
- X Out Shine Control: This product is supposed to control oil, which is something I only have a problem with on my forehead (I guess if you have dry skin, this product would be fairly useless to you). Its a good size sample, but nothing exciting to me.
- Premier Instant Stretching Mask and Moisturizer: These samples can barely be called “deluxe”, in my opinion. I’ve heard you can get them for free on Premier’s website. I might try out the mask, but I’m not touching the moisturizer.
- Freeman Facial Enzyme Mask in Pineapple: Ugh these masks. I didn’t like it last time and won’t like it this time. Why are we getting the same product two bags in a row?
- NuMe Gift Card: This is a gift card for $100 for NuMe hair extensions or styling tools. The cheapest thing you can get is a mini flat iron, which costs $115. So you’re essentially putting out $27 of your own money ($15 + $12 shipping) to use something from the glam bag, which I don’t agree with. However, I will be using this because I’ve been in the market for a curling iron and would like to get a NuMe one.
- Ghirardelli Chocolates: I guess this is the only thing remotely “Valentine’s Day” themed, and its not even an actual product. I like chocolate, though, so I don’t have much to complain about.
So that was my Glam bag. Way too much skincare. Like many other people, I switched from Birchbox to My Glam because I thought they were more focused on makeup and not skincare. I’m not going to make use of all these skincare products and skincare is something that shouldn’t be switched up that often. Not to mention that those Premier samples can barely be considered “deluxe sized”. Seems like they’re a bit confused about their target audience, too. The X Out looks like its geared towards teenage skin (judging by their marketing, and that its for acne prone skin), but the Premier products are for “anti-aging”.
I was planning on unsubscribing but I’m going to stick it out one more month to see what they have in store for March. I’m really hoping the products will be better. What happened to the December bag that had Urban Decay and Tarte? Talk about a bait and switch!
Did you get February’s MyGlam bag? Are you as disappointed with it as I am?
Want to Win a Custom Header for your Blog? Enter my giveaway here! Ends on February 29th.
Google Friend Connect Followers: Please subscribe to my posts through any of these methods as Google Friend Connect will be discontinuing service for blogs not hosted on Blogger or Blogspot as of March 1st.