Well since I’m a procrastinator, so here’s both September and October’s Birchboxes!
- RUFFIAN Nail Lacquer The color I received was “Fox Hunt”, a metallic orange/red. The color, although too bright for my taste for a daily look, is really gorgeous and reminds me of Fall and Halloween. The application was also very smooth and I could have probably gotten away with just one application with how dark it applied.
- Serge Normant Meta Luxe Hair Spray I haven’t really used this hair spray too much, but the one time I did use it, I didn’t really notice anything vastly different from any other hairspray. In fact, my hair seemed a bit frizzier on the day I used it. The sample size is great though and perfect for a travel bag.
- Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips I actually already have a sample of this (picked it up with a previous Birchbox order). I love love love this balm! It is super thick, so I only use it before bed. Its so thick that its a bit difficult to get out of the tube actually, but its so moisturizing that its worth it. It also gives you a glossy finish, so you could probably wear it out as a gloss as well!
- Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara Full size mascara! Thank you, Birchbox 🙂 I really like this mascara. Gives a good amount of length and volume. Nothing extraordinary, but a good, solid mascara. I’ve been using it everyday, and I actually feel like it applied better than the Covergirl Lashblast I’ve been using.
- VOESH New York Aroma Spa Pedicure Set I received the foot scrub sample of this set. Its…okay. The lemon scent is very nice, and I’m a big fan of lemon. However, the scrubbing part leaves a lot to be desired. Its kind of like a gel with some little scrubbing beads in it. I could see this as more of a body exfoliator (because its so gentle) than something to be used on feet.
Overall, I really loved my September Birchbox! Its been so long since I received a full size sample, so the mascara was a wonderful surprise. Now onto October…
- Evologie® Stay Clear Cream Nice size moisturizer sample. I’ve been trying it out in combination with the Evologie Blemish cream that I received in a previous Birchbox. I like the consistency of this moisturizer (not to thick or thin), however it does sting a bit when I apply it so I’m not sure if its that great for my skin
- Benefit Fakeup I was so excited to see this in my Birchbox! I’m a huge fan of Benefit and I’ve been wanting to try out this concealer. Its basically a stick with concealer in the middle surrounded by moisturizer. Its a pretty nice concealer, although it is very light in coverage (not quite enough to conquer my dark circles of death) but I do love how moisturizing it is, and I’ll continue using it as the stick form makes it really easy to apply.
- Bain de Terre macadamia oil Nourishing Shampoo & Conditioner Very large sample sizes for both the shampoo and conditioner! I’ve been trying these out for a couple days. I’ve noticed my hair is much softer (maybe a little too soft though…bordering on “fluffy”) but the most noticeable change I’ve noticed is that my scalp feels much less itchy and dry, which is probably because the Redken I was using for a while was drying it out. I think I need to stop the Redken!
- ChapStick® Hydration Lock Full size chapstick! The lipblam junkie in me is super happy. Really like this chapstick as well. Very moisturizing and hydrating, especially compared to regular chapstick
So another amazing box from Birchbox! I could definitely get used to this…keep it up, Birchbox!
great stuff you got!
I wonder if I can find that mascara where I live. I have a hard time finding one that I actually like.